Through long-standing partnerships, we cooperate with University of Saskatchewan (USask) faculty, and other schools, universities, companies and organizations to offer Short-term Group Programs throughout the year. For over twenty years, we have provided special programming for educational partners from countries such as China, India, Japan and Korea. These programs are specifically designed to facilitate professional or academic interest experiences which can also be incorporated with English language classes, if requested.
Programs can be tailored to fit your academic and cultural areas of interest.
- Workshops and seminars are delivered by USask faculty on specialized topics.
- Socio-cultural activities are organized to enhance inter-cultural understanding and enrich the student experience. This may include visits to local museums, historical sites and community events that are happening in Saskatoon.
- Accommodations can be arranged in either a student residence or in a homestay with host families in Saskatoon.
- English language classes (if requested) are taught by highly-qualified and experienced ESL teachers at the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre, which has provided high-quality ESL programs to international students for almost 40 years.
- All programs include support with accommodation, transportation to and from the airport, three (3) meals per day, a Saskatoon Transit bus pass, medical insurance, tours and activities.
- Programs can be offered throughout the year during all four seasons: spring, summer, winter and fall.
NEW Programs for 2020
Universidad Católica del Maule (Chile)
Some recent and ongoing programs
Iwate University (Japan)
Kanto Gakuin University (Japan)
Beijing Normal University (China)
China University of Petroleum (China)
Huazhong Agricultural University (China)
Southwest University (China)
USask program partners
We collaborate with stakeholders from across the USask campus to create customizable, short-term international programs.
International Research and Partnerships Office
The International Research and Partnerships Office identifies and supports strategic international partnerships, facilitates international research and development proposals and assists with delegation management.
USask colleges and schools
We work with USask colleges, schools and academic units to offer workshops and lectures that are delivered by USask faculty. Learn more about our colleges and programs to explore your academic and professional areas of interest.
University of Saskatchewan Language Centre
Certified teachers and knowledgeable staff support students in their English-language development and prepare them academically and culturally for future studies.
USask colleges, schools and academic units are encouraged to partner with us to create international special program opportunities. Let us assist in coordinating your academic workshops and lectures, socio-cultural activities, accommodation arrangements, English-language classes (if required) and other details. Please contact the International Special Programs Coordinator for more information.
USask's International Special Programs provide opportunities for you and your delegation of students to explore our campus, programs, world-class facilities and experience our warm and welcoming community.
Institutions and organizations from around the world are invited to partner with us in developing cutomized short-term group programs that are based on your academic and cultural areas of interest. If you would like to experience USask through an International Special Program, please contact the International Special Programs Office for more information on how to get started.