The University of Saskatchewan Language Centre has 3 ESL programs.
In U-Bridge, you will improve your English AND start a university degree at the University of Saskatchewan. You will take one university class at the same time as your ESL classes.
In U-Prep, you will improve your English. After you pass the last class, you can start a university degree at the University of Saskatchewan.
ESL Only is for you if you want to improve your English and learn about Canadian culture.
|Length||13 weeks||10 weeks||4-10 weeks|
|Cost||$10,000* / term||$4,150* / term||$1,900* - $4,150* / term|
|Earn university credit|
|Admission to university|
* does not include application fee, housing, books, or supplies.
What you will learn
The University of Saskatchewan Language Centre offers excellent instruction in English and cultural adaptation programming to help you transition to life in Canada. Make new friends, experience Canadian culture and learn advanced English language skills and academic skills to help you succeed in your classes!
Why study here?
The University of Saskatchewan Language Centre offers excellent facilities to support your learning and lifestyle, including:
- Language Library
- Computer Lab
- Student Lounge
In our Student Success Centre, you will have access to additional guidance and mentorship. You can participate in individual or small group study sessions with one of our most experienced teachers.
Activities and experiences
Experience Canadian culture with organized activities. Practice your speaking and listening skills in social settings while also having fun and making friends along the way!
Coming to a new country is a wonderful experience, but there is a lot to learn. Our goal is to help you feel comfortable and confident in both social and academic settings, as well as in public settings, like stores, banks or health centres.
Live with a homestay family in Saskatoon and enjoy a safe, English-speaking environment where you can adapt to Canadian life and improve your language skills. Statistics show that students who live with a homestay family perform better in their English classes!
Our host families come from many backgrounds, but they all offer you the same opportunities to experience Canadian culture and find your home-away-from-home.
Comfortable and safe accommodation
- Live in a friendly family setting with your own private, furnished bedroom.
- Wireless internet and TV access are included.
- Enjoy three meals per day provided by your homestay family:
- Breakfast, which you will prepare yourself
- Packed lunch
- Sit-down dinner with the family
- Homestay families are carefully screened by the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre.
- Gain valuable experience practicing your English.
- Participate in family activities.
- Receive help setting up a bank account in Canada.
- Your homestay family will pick you up from the airport when you arrive in Saskatoon.
- Before your classes begin, your homestay family will take you on the bus route from your home to the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre.
- All families are located within a 30-60 minute bus ride from the University of Saskatchewan campus.
U-Bridge and university students:
$7,673.40 CAD for 8 months (September - April)
U-Prep and ESL Only students:
First 10 week term: $3,073.00 CAD
Additional 10 week terms: $2,123.00 CAD
* Rates are 2018/2019 estimates and include a refundable damage deposit of $675