In January 2024, the Government of Canada announced changes to the study permit application process. Most international students must include a provincial attestation letter (PAL) from the province or territory where they plan to study with their study permit application, unless exempt. The new rules came into effect 8:30 am Eastern Time - ET on January 22, 2024.


The University of Saskatchewan (USask) is one of Canada's leading research universities, located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Our campus is known for its beauty and our alumni and faculty include Nobel Prize winners, Rhodes scholars, and Olympic athletes.


Degree programs

We offer a full range of programs at the undergraduate and graduate level.

Language Centre

Classes are taught in English at the University of Saskatchewan. If you don't meet our minimum language requirements, you can still be admitted by enrolling in a program at our Language Centre. You will improve your English, stay with a Canadian family, and learn about Canadian culture.

Exchange programs

If you are completing a degree at an international university, you may be able to come to USask as an exchange student. You'll pay tuition at your home institution but come to Canada for a term or a year and take classes here.

Support and Services


Learn about important immigration documents that are required to study at USask. This includes your study permit. 


International students are considered for scholarships and awards upon admission. Consideration is based on your academic achievements.

Work in Canada

As an international student, you may be eligible to work in Canada while you study and after you graduate. You will need to follow certain regulations and might need to apply for a work permit.

International Student and Study Abroad Centre

Staff at our International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) will help you make a smooth transition with intercultural learning opportunities and one-on-one support. ISSAC also provides settlement support.


Many international education agents and partners have an agreement with the University of Saskatchewan and can help you with your application. However, you are not required to use an agent to apply to the University of Saskatchewan.