Start termApplication Deadline
January 2018
Dec 1, 2017
Documents due: Dec 15, 2017
May 2018
Apr 1, 2018
Documents due: May 1, 2018
July 2018
May 1, 2018
Documents due: Jun 1, 2018
September 2018
Aug 15, 2018
Documents due: Aug 15, 2018

Audit students

If you wish to take university classes solely for interest's sake, auditing classes may be an option for you.

If you audit a class, you attend lectures but do not hand in assignments, participate in class discussions, or write mid-term or final exams. You will not receive credit for the classes you take, but you will pay lower fees and are exempt from many admission requirements.

To apply to become an audit student, select the "Audit Student" application type when you apply online.

Visiting students

If you are enrolled at another institution and you want to take University of Saskatchewan classes to transfer to your degree program, you may apply as a visiting student.

When you apply, you will need to provide a letter of permission from your home institution stating that you have approval to attend the University of Saskatchewan, indicating the intended term of study, and identifying the specific course(s) in which you intend to enroll.

To apply to become a visiting student, select the "Visiting Student" application type when you apply online.

Saskatchewan students enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan, the University of Regina, and/or Saskatchewan Polytechnic

As a Common Visiting Student, you may take distance and off-campus classes offered by partnered institutions in Saskatchewan. With a letter of permission from your home institution, you’re eligible to take classes at uSask with the intent of transferring earned credit back to your home institution. A letter of permission is required for admission. Talk to the advisor at your off-campus site for more information.

Returning students

If you have previously completed classes at uSask, have not attended another post-secondary institution, and want to return to the same college, you should apply for readmission as a returning student.

Please note that you must meet returning application deadlines.

You will apply by creating a new application. You may still select "Returning Student" as the application type.

Use the "Current U of S Student" application if you want to apply to a college other than the one in which you were previously enrolled. If you have completed classes at another post-secondary institution since you last attended uSask, you should apply as a "Transfer" student; remember, if you have completed classes at uSask previously, you do not need to submit another application fee.