Home-based or independent assessment tools
Arts and Science, Agriculture and Bioresources, Edwards School of Business, Kinesiology, Engineering and Education applicants may be considered for admission using the following assessment tools:
- A home-based school transcript with details of all Grade 11 and Grade 12 courses taken
- Independent third party examinations including nationally normed standardized achievement tests such as:
- minimum score of 1100 in the SAT I (institutional code SAT 0980)
- minimum average of 24 in the ACT (institutional code ACT 7025)
- An educational portfolio
We may also request an interview and/or request additional information to help us make a decision.
Provincial examinationsApplicants to any direct-entry college may be considered following successful completion of Saskatchewan Ministry of Education provincial examinations (or other provincial equivalents) in the required prerequisite subjects of their college of choice, as well as meeting the college's minimum admission average or ranked average.
Special (Mature) Admission
Home-based learners aged 21 or older may be considered for Special (Mature) Admission to any direct-entry college.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application for admission.
- Under the Secondary Education section, check the box to indicate whether you were home educated.
- Submit any supporting documents required by the Admissions Office to consider your application.